March 7, 2010

Liz is engaged!


Friday morning I did quite a bit of research on our trip to Macchu Picchu and sent a long email to Liz, Louis and Bean with all kinds of details about travel companies, timeline, and pricing. I figured Liz would call me when she got the email if she was free at work. I got a call around lunchtime and I thought, "Good! She's calling to talk about my email!" But when I answered, I heard, "Allison! I have something to tell you!"
"What?"
"Guess!"
At this point I realized that she sounded a little crazy, and I also realized if she wanted me to guess, then...
"Are you engaged?!"
"YES!!"
Then I proceeded to tear up, ask 'where are you?', ask if she was serious, ask if she was joking, ask when it happened, tell her she was making me cry, then she said the same, and finally we both calmed down and she told me how he proposed on a bridge on their way to go snowboarding for the weekend.
She told me how her dad found the diamond for her ring and how Jong transported the diamond from Houston to Boston, and how it wasn't what she thought but it was everything she wanted.
When she headed off to her surprise massage at the hotel, I got to hear Louis' side of the story. He said he was about to pop the question in one spot, but Liz turned around and ran back to the car because she was cold! Then he told me how he went to her parent's house to ask for her hand, and he made me cry all over again. Just thinking about him being so nervous, talking himself through it, and then just going for it; and her parents who I've known for so many years during such a big moment was incredible.
I can't wait to experience their engagement and wedding!
(Picture was stolen from Liz's Facebook album)
Share:

0 comments: