May 16, 2012

Peru Adventure Day 1

The first day of our Peruvian adventure was not very exciting. We flew from DFW to MIA (Miami), had a short layover, then flew from MIA to LIM (Lima) to spend less than 12 hours.
My highlight of this day was the time we had in the Miami airport. Just a couple of hours, but we had some really delicious calamari and I got a mojito martini. Top that off with a fun conversation with Bean, and we started the vacation off on the right foot!



After we got on the flight to Lima, we had a lovely airline dinner. I always choose the pasta option because there's just something gross about airplane meat. It tasted pretty good!


We were picked up at the airport by Carlos and he drove us to the hotel in Lima. The streets were pretty crowded and they were driving kinda crazy but I thought it was fun. It would probably take me a long time to figure out the streets there, just driving through they made no sense! The hotel was beautiful, but by the time we got there, he told us our pick-up time was very early the next morning- 6am! So we went right to sleep. I wish we had time to use the beautiful shower!


Share:

0 comments: