April 1, 2017

Florida: Day 3... Walt Disney World!

The first night in the hotel, we ordered in for dinner, got unpacked and turned in the rental car. Bean and I sat around after the girls went to sleep and chatted with Gigi until bedtime. We were pumped for our first day at Magic Kingdom.

We ordered breakfast to arrive around 7:30am, got dressed, and jumped on the bus to the park. We got there just in time for our first Fast Pass ride- Dumbo!





It was the perfect warm up for the rest of the day. The Fast Pass really is a genius idea. You set them up in one hour blocks, and they can't overlap with another one you have set up. I thought that scheduling the rides would be stressful and annoying but it was the opposite- it gave a little structure so we knew where we wanted to head next.

Plus with no lines, we added in other rides that had longer waits then I thought we would be able to handle and it was no problem.

Case in point, the second ride was Its A Small World. The wait was 35 minutes BUT Francie was ready for a nap. So she fell asleep in my arms while we waited in line, and then slept through the whole ride. Perfect!

Abigail was singing the song on the way to pick up the stroller. hahaha!

We made a bathroom pit stop at the Rapunzel bathroom, which required a picture as well.


Let's pause and admire Abigail's Belle play dress that I sewed for her- I have a separate post with more details about it coming soon but the day she wore this was the same day the live action version of Beauty and the Beast opened. It was also St. Patrick's Day (Francie's first) so she was decked out in her green with a gold coin headband. ha!

The next Fast Pass was the Haunted Mansion. We did not get any photos, and it was a great ride. Abs was scared so I mostly kept my hands over her eyes and pointed out everything that was not real. Which was all of it.

Francie still hadn't nursed- she usually does as soon as she wakes up.

I'd heard that WDW had amazing nursing and baby care facilities. Luckily for Bean and Abs, there was a show going on at Cinderella's Castle so they stopped to watch that while Francie and I continued to the front of the park and relaxed in super comfortable chairs in a dimly lit room. Very comfortable!

We had a little more time before our next Fast Pass so we went through the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House.




Bean wanted to get some Minnie ears for Abby, and she was super excited about these sparkly pink ones. The treehouse was cool and we enjoyed talking about what it would be like to live there.

Our last Fast Pass was for the Jungle Cruise. I was excited for this but it was a dud. Francie was getting hungry for lunch and nobody was laughing at the tour guide's hilarious jokes. Abby was not enjoying getting wet.




There's Francie with two very worried looking parents. She would not sit still on that jungle cruise and we were in the sun the whole time. Oh well!

For lunch we stopped in at the closest place which only served turkey legs or hot dogs with chips and a cookie. Health food! 

Bean said the turkey leg was fake- not sure how that works but I think turkey legs are disgusting whether they are real or fake. The hot dogs were great- Francie and I were all over them! 

I kept looking over at this table with a Dad and his two sons and all three of them had large platters of chicken strips and fries and I knew there was no way they could finish all that food. I wished they would just give us one of their platters, or tell us where they got it.

We walked out through Cinderella's Castle and headed back to the bus for nap time.


Francie and I rested while Bean, Gigi, and Abby went to a special dress up time Gigi had set up for Abby.


I'll have to update this post later with photos from that event. Abby chose a Princess Elaina dress and had her hair put into a ponytail with corn rows and pink extensions. 

Meanwhile, Francie was fussy so she and I walked all around the resort and I tried to find something I recognized between the Swan and Dolphin from the few times we stayed there for our Sales Meetings. I didn't, but when they got back we decided to walk to the nearby boardwalk to have dinner with Pop and Gigi. The food was average, and we walked back, bathed the girls and put them to bed. 

Then Bean and I went downstairs for a little date night at one of the bars. I had a blueberry martini, followed by a Swedish Fish martini (yes, as in the candy!). Amazingly delicious and sweet- it had Swedish Fish foam on top. We also had a couple of fancy desserts- one had orange sauce poured over white chocolate that melted it and revealed a chocolate ice cream inside. 

That little date night was one of my highlights of the trip. Delicious drinks and sweets and conversation with my favorite guy. Even if all we did was laugh at the funny things our kids did that day.

Share:

0 comments: