March 25, 2013

Baby Diary: Week 39!

Buck,
Last night we made you a birthday cake (yellow cake with chocolate frosting) and I also ate an entire can of pineapple, thinking both would make you want to come out. It would have been great because it was Popaw Hanna's birthday. It obviously didn't work because you're still in there.

The good news is I did have more uncomfortable feelings last night. I figured when I couldn't fall back asleep I'd wake your dad up and get the timer out. But I was able to sleep on and off, even though I could tell they were much stronger than usual. Also, the strong heartburn feeling I've been having must be related because it was much stronger too and coincided with the tightening sensations. The good news is none of it is particularly painful, just uncomfortable.

Your Grandma is on her way here now. I think she's going to make me start walking. All we have to do this week are random chores, maybe get our nails done, meet the pediatrician, and get ready to meet you!

My least favorite symptom is waking up with stiff hands/wrists and my fingers being asleep. It goes away pretty quickly but it reminds me of the 'bear claw' hands your aunt Liz described. I can definitely tell the difference in my swelling depending on how much water I'm drinking. The bad news is even drinking water makes me feel nauseous / have heartburn.

If I make it to 40 weeks (on Easter sunday) I will officially start telling people I'm 10 months pregnant, just to see their reactions. I'm very ready to not have the recurring questions: what are you having? when are you due? etc, etc, etc every single time I go to the grocery store or any store. Then I get guesses on your gender- most people are saying boy but my belly does look different now that you are lower in my pelvis. It's smaller than it was a few weeks ago.

The bottom line is this, and it's been my mantra at the past couple of yoga classes: I am grateful.
Share:

1 comments:

Chelsea Alford said...

I don't know if you knew that I kept up with your blog, but I do. I like to keep up with my distant family. I'm very happy to read this. I can't wait to meet little buck! Good luck with the delivery and all of us in east texas are waiting on pictures! Tons of love to you and Scott from the Alfords.