February 28, 2017

Meanwhile...






 

Meanwhile, in the dining room, half the table is covered in craft supplies and the floor is covered in glitter. I know I'm working on being a minimalist which includes not buying unnecessary items like special clothing that we don't actually need, but I also have a crafting itch that needed to be scratched. I don't remember the last time I did a project. 

 

So I bought 3 plain cotton dresses from Primary.com (check it out, all of it is simple and cute and solid colors for all kids sizes), and I'm embellishing them to look like a few of Abby's favorite princesses. Have I mentioned we are going to Disney World next month?

I'm re-educating my self on how to use a sewing machine and spending half that time remembering how to put thread on the bobbin, put the machine back together, and how to stitch a straight line. My miracle worker is clear thread- I didn't know it existed until I went to get some yellow and purple. I'm certain it's the only thing keeping these things looking semi decent.

 

There have been a few happy accidents too but I'll share them in a later post with more detail!
Share:

0 comments: